Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello everyone, hope you can help me.

I want to do a News section on my website, it should look exactly as the one in this website. (It's in portuguese but you should get to it pretty easily)

I also want to make a Slider with the latest news and an image (with the headline on the caption).
    I already have the Slider up and running but it's only showing images for now (made using menucool.com's javascript slider). If I could still use it to show the news it would be great.

I wanted to make it in a way to be fairly easy to add News. I thought of an Admin's page where you could just write down in a box and post it like on a blog, but on my research it looked pretty hard to do.

I use Dreamweaver CS6 and my pages are html.
    Hope you can help me, if I forgot any important info just let me know.

Thanks.

OBS: I'm really new to programming so if you could just point me the right direction i'll just google for tutorials about the idea you propose.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Http://hotscripts.com is a repository of pre-made functioning, free and paid scripts that you can add to or build sites around.

Most are pretty well documented and the paid ones usually come with support to help you get them up and running. Some of the free ones do as well, but expect weeks for a response.

The news section itself will need some PHP or asp ( depending on your server) as you will need the ability to write and edit files on the server.

Remove Ads