Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hey y'all,
    I'm using a template to re-learn HTML and CSS. I'm getting the hang of it again but it's been a while. Here is a sample:

http://www.used-car-seller.com/newcars.html

One of the problems I'm having is with changing the pages. I Would like to get rid of the darker area (where it says "OUR SERVICES"), on the right, and I cannot figure out how to. I am also struggling with placing images and whatnot. When you click on one of the pictures of the cars, it opens this:

http://www.used-car-seller.com/carpop.html

But, I can't get the thumbnails of the cars to line up. I've been all through the CSS and I just can't figure it out! Please help! Thanks!!!

P.S. - for some reason it won't let me post links....

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    not seeing a "our services" section or link

thumbnails are lined up

what browser are you seeing this on?

Member #
    Hi. Thanks for the response! The first question relates to the first link I posted. There should be a green image that says "OUR SERVICES" on the right-hand side. I'd like to get rid of the dark strip running vertically behind it.

As for question two, the page with a white background looks like this to me:
    Attachment 2702

I can't figure out how to have the orange car on the bottom line up with the top three thumbnails. I am not very good with CSS but I am trying.... Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    not seeing it.

Attachment 2703

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I am guessing that you have an area assigned to the thumbs that they don't all fit in.
    The dark strip you are talking about, do you mean the entire dark background behind it? I don't see a strip in particular. In firefox it looks the same as webzaur's screenshot.

Member #
    Here is a screenshot of the "site" in Firefox:
    Attachment 2704

I've drawn an arrow pointing to the vertical strip I am referring to. I have looked all through the CSS and html and I still can't figure it out. Then, once I've removed this, I am in real trouble concerning placing content and images exactly where I want them. I do this in CSS, correct?

As for the other page with the white background, I am still very confused about how to make the thumbnails line up. Thanks!!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I think you need to give your services tap the same background image that your container has.
    Your page background is dark, container background is not so dark, and services div seems to inherit the page background rather than the container background.
    Just my guess.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    ps - I like that the dark color is there.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    If you add the width of the image, the margins for EACH picture, and the width of the pictures, you get 838px.
    Your container is 780px. That's why that image is getting pushed down.

Adjust your margins, container width, etc to get that forth image up there.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xxanxx, post: 248728
    Here is a screenshot of the "site" in Firefox:
    screen2.gif

I've drawn an arrow pointing to the vertical strip I am referring to. I have looked all through the CSS and html and I still can't figure it out.
    That vertical strip is part of a background image used for the "content" div.
    If you go to your stylesheet called styles3.css, you'll find it at about line 68.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads