Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone I'm trying to make the main image on my site fill in the black region. The problem is that the custom logo area only allows a image to be 960px (I think that's the width), and the black portion you see is the background color I selected. Any help would be appreciated. My site is www.therecomplife.com and the theme I'm using is the paid theme Lucid, but I didn't pay for the support documentation.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I don't quite understand the question or the problem.

the only thing I can tell is that you didn't do your transition to BLACK around the edges far enough in.. you can still see the edges of the image ... if you bring that transition in just a bit... you should get the effect of the image blending into the background.

if that's not what you're going for, please provide more details

Member #
    open the image in photoshop and redo the gradient fade from black to transparent. Take the black fade a few more pixels in so the edges don't show so much.

you could also try a css gradient

Member #
    the width of the image is 2000px. no matter the size of the image I cant get it to cover the full length of the site. here is an image of the effect I'm desiring. Image
    thank you guys!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    2000px wide is a very very large image to extend across the top of your page. If you're using a template that doesn't let you resize, then I would say you're stuck. Can you make the background an image instead of just black?
    I would recommend you cut the image down to the standard 960, make the gradient work for that size, and call it good.

Member #
    Why dont you use the css attribute

width: 100%

Remove Ads