Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi guys & Girls

I am having a problem with an online invite that I have on the server that was uploaded and sent to the client to test but somehow the server has delivered this message:

When I sent out a test it came back:

Not Found
    The requested URL /thank_you_workshop.html was not found on this server.

Need help to fix this. It needs to go out today still

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Not sure of the question ... Since so little information was provided.

Where is the page that you call ? Is it a PHP page ? Is the thank you page mentions above in the same folder ? Usually when's there is a 404 error, its because the path provided in th script was incorrect.

Member #
    Hi it is an html file extention. The file is loaded in the same folder on the server.

I had a look yesterday before I left the office and I picked up a .cgi script in the fomr.html file that handles the processing of the form and the script is from a different hosting company because I was told that they just moved hosting clients recently so I am thinking that it could be that the script is the problem and it should be a script from the current hosting client instead?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Every hosting company worth their salt, will have some basic cgi scripts installed on their server and should have documentation on how to properly call those scripts. Just bringing a script from somewhere else doesn't mean it will work.

I actually have cgi scripts disabled on a coue servers because no one was using them, so one less thing form me to keep an eye on, if I just turn off support. Remove documentation, etc.

Remove Ads