Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello everyone. I have an issue with anchor points/tags. Im building a self help site to help people with everyday troubles and problems. The content “article” that Im anchoring has 5 sections of articles, like the one you see in the center. Using css overflow:hidden rule, you'll see them if I had it set to overflow:scroll, and the anchor nav link to the right.

So far I only have the first 4 anchor links complete “Turn Down Your Water Heater, Check Out a Tankless Water Heater, Give Up Idling Your Car and Get a Solar Water Heater”.

The rest ill change later, but when I click on either first 4 links, the page scrolls down to the anchor point "article title". Completely hiding the main menu and header “logo”, I want the page to stay in the same position when clicking on the anchor links. Its driving me a little crazy, does any body have any solutions or ideas.

http://myresources.zxq.net/tipsandadvice.html

Thank you brothers and sisters

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I don't see any problems with the main menu being hidden, as long as that's the nav at the top.

The only thing I've noticed is that many of the links are set to "#", which means you're still working on your blog site. When I click on those links, the page refreshes at the top, appending a "#" to the URL, like it should; so, I think many of us are at a loss to see the issue you're facing (I don't think there's a problem here). Add in the links to the pages you have to your anchor tags, and let us know if you're seeing any issues. I see absolutely no problem right now.

Remove Ads