Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    visibility: hidden still reserves a spot for the hidden element. display: none; removes it completely. So try display: none; and display: block instead.

You've also got issues with padding (that's the extra space around your list items) and with floats. Remember TheGAME1264's Immutable Law of Floats:

When you float, you must clear.

That means your last list item (the extra one you're going to put in after the contact) should clear your float and not start one of its own.

li.last {clear: left; float: none; width: 0; height: 0; padding: 0;}

By the way, it's good that you updated the link. It's always better to see the code in action than it is a picture. There are often things that don't get communicated, get misinterpreted, get left out and if you don't see what's in action, you can't solve it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    TheGAME1264 , yeah of course its good to see codes in action, so you can easy fix the problem.
    But those codes didnt fix anything hmmm.

Can you try to make an folder on your desktop and to test this and to try to fix it like i made it in photoshop :

I`ll give you in private message the template okay ?

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    That's just it...I'm not going to fix someone's code for them. Not because I'm incapable of it, but because if I did that, you wouldn't learn how to do it yourself, and that doesn't do you any good in the long run. I'm not mad or copping arrogant when I say this...I'm just pointing out that I'd rather help someone by teaching that someone to fish as opposed to just cooking up a trout.

With that said, I don't see any of the changes made that I suggested. If you upload what you've done after what I've suggested, we can go from there.

By the way, I also noticed that you're floating your menu to the left. You really don't need to do that either. The reasons an element should be floated are if you're looking to establish a column of some sort or if you want to wrap text around it, and your menu itself doesn't need text wrapped around it and only takes up one column. You'll want to get rid of that float for the menu itself. Just the list items need to be floated.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Okay , alright. But i dont know what can we do with this codes that i used , its totally wrong...
    That becouse i told you if you can make news codes which will work correctly , and of right codes i will learn, i cannot learn of wrong codes which dont work correctly..

So, when i used the codes which u gave me , nothing happened..
    Whats next ?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Try not to get frustrated. Back up, tear it down to the basics and go one step at a time. Start with just an unordered list and no CSS. Float the list items, then work on the drop down functionality, then style everything. You'll get it.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    What Ron said.

What I told you wasn't wrong...it just didn't work for you. And again, I'm not going to go through the process of coding something for someone. That's not how forums work. You're not entitled to get someone to code something for you. Basically, they're here for "I have a problem with this, how do I get started?" or "How do I solve minor problem X?" They're not "code something for me."

The other thing is that you say you used the codes I gave you and nothing happened. That doesn't mean that you actually did use them, or use them as intended. You've already established that there are things going on with your code that you're not communicating, and again, I'm not mad...I'm just pointing out that there's a process and a protocol and if you want help, you need to follow it. Even if you do follow it, you may not always get what you want. That's part of the process of developing websites...you have to get pissed off and you have to feel alone, or you're not doing it right.
    Andrew Yurlov likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 250390, member: 428
    Even if you do follow it, you may not always get what you want. That's part of the process of developing websites...you have to get pissed off and you have to feel alone, or you're not doing it right.
    Wow, I love this last philosophical bit. This is exactly what I feel like when I can't get something to work.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Okay i was offline few days cus holiday, lets continue with working and fixing.

So i didnt fully understand this :

visibility: hidden still reserves a spot for the hidden element. display: none; removes it completely. So try display: none; and display: block instead.
    Where should i add/repleace that ?

And i added this code in css :

Code:
    li.last {clear: left; float: none; width: 0; height: 0; padding: 0;}
    So u can see the results here : http://autoskolalukic.com/CyberGaming

It looks like nothing changed, hmm.

Member #
    We will continue or ?

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I just saw this.

FIrst off, take the float off the nav ul (ul.drop float). It's what's causing the issue of the horizontal scrollbar.

You have to add the last list item to that ul nav. It should be the very last item, right before the </ul> tag. Just adding it to CSS isn't enough if you don't use it.

You'll also want to remove the padding and margin from your ul.drop lis.

That's a start. See where that takes you, try some things out once you see what happens here, and then see how you do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads