Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hello there , i got one problem with dropdown menu and i dont have any idea where could be the problem.
    So everything works fine when I am on "Naslovna(Home) or "O nama(About us)" or "Kontakt(Contact) And when i put the mouse pointer on "Ponuda(Offer) menu , than the dropdown menu comes out , and i pick one page from dropdown. And when this page is opened and when i bring again the moue pointer to "Ponuda(Offer)" the dropdwon menu wont come again.. I dont know if u understand me but i think you do.

So when one page from dropdown menu is opened , and when i put the mouse pointer again to "Ponuda(Offer)" menu the dropdwon menu wont appear .. Hmmm , I uploaded the site here , so you can see where could be the problem.

http://www.radojica.com/Lovac/

Thank you.

Member #
    Any idea guys ? I need to fix this problem in next 12 hours :/

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Reference your scripts absolutely as opposed to relatively (in other words, no ../) and see if that works. It looks like they're throwing errors, and I usually find that absolute referencing of scripts get them to perform more consistently. So like http://yoursite.com/your script as opposed to ../your script .
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Mate , i am not sure if u understood you , should i remove ../ from links where are the scripts called or what ?

Can you tell me what should i do and which code to edit , hmmm.

This codes should be edited or? :

HTML Code:
    <nav  class="" >
                <ul class="sf-menu">
                      <li><a href="../index.html">NASLOVNA</a></li>
                                      <li><a href="../o_nama.html">O NAMA</a></li>
                      <li class="with_ul  current"><a href="#">PONUDA</a><ul>
                            <li><a href="index.html">Vazdušne puške</a><hr class="men"></li>
                                    <li><a href="index.html">Lovačka oprema</a><hr class="men"></li>
                            <li><a href="index.html">optika i nosači</a></li>

</ul></li> 
                      <li><a href="../kontakt.html">KONTAKT </a></li>
                    </ul>
                  </nav>
    and

HTML Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="../css/style.css">
    <script src="../js/jquery.js"></script>
    <script src="../js/jquery-migrate-1.1.1.js"></script>
    <script src="../js/superfish.js"></script>
    <script src="../js/jquery.equalheights.js"></script>
    <script src="../js/jquery.easing.1.3.js"></script>
             <script src="../js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>
             <script src="../js/lightbox.js"></script>
             <link href="../css/lightbox.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The second one mostly, although the first as well. So instead of saying src="../js, say src="http://www.radojica.com/Lovac/js . And so on and so on. A global find/replace would do the trick if you're using Notepad++.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Dude , i did it and nothing changed, hmm. Is there anything else what we could try to fix it ? I really dont understand this problem , never saw something like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The only other thing I can think of is this:
    Code:
    <script src="http://www.radojica.com/Lovac/js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>
    If your script isn't compatible with jquery 1.7.2, errors like this may occur. There's a custom scrollbar jQuery plugin that isn't compatible with newer versions.

EDIT: Looking more closely at your code, I'm fairly certain this is your problem. You're actually using two versions of jQuery on that page, and this is the older of the two. Get rid of that line if you don't absolutely need it, and you probably don't.

Member #
    hmm can be. So do you have any suggestions , what could i do now to fix it ? Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    The problem is that, for some reason, you're calling jQuery after your plugins on just that page. Move the script tag for jQuery above the plugin scripts, and it'll work.

If you use developer tools Chrome dev tools (Firebug and F12 probably do it to), and open the JS console, you can see there is an error on that page saying that 2 methods don't exist. It's because those scripts come before jQuery in the <head>
    Elvedin likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvedin, post: 251731, member: 35064
    hmm can be. So do you have any suggestions , what could i do now to fix it ? Thank you
    I told you what to do...you need to remove the older jQuery version. Whenever you have two conflicting jQuery versions, you need to remove one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads