Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello to all,

First off, allow me to confess, I ‘m a newbie to CSS and web design in general. I’m in the process of designing my first site and there's a type of “top navigation” that I desire.

I want the navbar of the site to extend (for lack of a better term) all the way thru the screen and/or I would also like the top navigation to “bend” or “wrap” around the page or content area.

Similar to how these sites display their top navigation bars. Some have them wrap around the page while others have them extend browser wide, and some do both.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Again I am a newbie to CSS (and I assume accomplishing this would require CSS) but I am willing to learn simply bc I see no way around it.

Many thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    it would be helpful for those of us that are "creatively" challenged to see a picture of what you're talking about... I'd say post a link, but if you can just post a screenshot of what you're talking about, it might help us understand what you're wanting.

Member #
    Please forgive me, I intended to add these links to my original post, but seemed to over look it...

http://www.aweber.com/
    http://www.ada.org/

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    The awewber site uses a "ribbon" effect by specifying the background images in the CSS.

The ada site uses a fullwidth background image for the page, and the same image in the <header> div.

There are some interesting CSS menus listed here; most of them are not free but they can give you an idea of what can be done with CSS.

I suggest that you try Google for tutorials on how to do these effects.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Alphamare thank you very much. I've read a few tutorials covering this and it's very doable. Again thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

Remove Ads