Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am still redeveloping the front page and menu system for my site and I am trying to work out if I should go fixed or dynamic for sizing. Do I have horizontal and vertical both dynamic, only vertical or what? I know that depending on the application of the site it can change to suit but I am really stuck. I am striving to give every vistor a site that takes up most of their screen real estate without looking messy. From what I can tell visitors are mostly at 1024 but there are some 1280 and some 800.

http://www.kisstroyer.com/test/index3.html is the demo that I have done at the moment, both vert. and hor. are fixed.

Oh mighty web masters please share thy thoughts!

Member #
    800*600 - i have a horizontal scrollbar in IE!!!! - your content table is just a few pixels (maybe 10) too wide for non horizontal scrolling & 800*600
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

JR
    Member #
    Here is a little tutorial on the subject...

http://www.webdesignforums.net/thread7769.html
    JR

Remove Ads