Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Navigation CSS Float trouble

Hey guys,

First time post here I read that this forum was an ideal one to visit. I'm a graphic designer, attempting to learn front end to relieve some design pressures my developer has, I'm currently coding a website and I'm having trouble with the navigation. I'll attach some images and try to explain what is happening.

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 9.42.52 AM.jpg
    If you can see, the navigation div isn't sitting centered inside of the 100% container it's supposed to be inside, it's slightly below it about 10-15 pixels and it's pushing the content beneath is lower as well.

Does anyone know why this is happening? If you need more information let me know, since I'm new to the field I can't be 100% sure what you guys need in terms of troubleshooting this.

Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Link to your page please?

Could be a line-height issue?

Member #
    Okay I got it all uploaded, sorry I didn't hand this over earlier:
    (I'm just worried about the nav at the moment, I know the rest looks all crazy but I'm trying to take it a step at a time)

Shamrock Limousine
    Shamrock Website^

http://s170154.gridserver.com/main.jpg
    That's what it's supposed to look like when it's done^

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    On .menu a change line-height from 80px to 60px and also add margin: 0; to .menu ul
    This will solve your problem.

Can I just ask how you got the texture for your header background? That's a texture i've wanted to perfect myself.

Member #
    Dude, it worked! Awesome. I feel retarded.

I usually go to Subtle Patterns | Free textures for your next web project. for my textures and then tweak the brightness/contrast and levels in photoshop! You will find they have many repeating patterns.

Remove Ads