Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi again. Check out this page...

http://www.yuyusisterhood.com/index1.html

See how the rounded corners aren't flush against the edges of the tables??? What's up with that?! I can't figure out what's wrong. In Mozilla, it looks normal (well, the table is at the top of the screen (I'd rather it be centered), but other than that, it looks normal. Any ideas as to why that's the case, except that Microsoft loves to interpret things differently just to make my life difficult???

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Will look at it in a sec (happen to be hacking up some HTML for these forums at the moment).
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Okidokie! Thanks! Man, I hope I can give something back to this forum sometime soon! I seem to be all about taking right now!!!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I've got it open in Dreamweaver and it looks like you did image alignment. Hacking it up to use tables (the W3C says I shouldn't but I hate them so much *shakes fist*).

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    See if this one is better:

Member #
    Cool! Thanks! I don't know why I didn't do that! Putting them in 2 different cells did the trick!

On the subject of W3C....

They irritate me, too! I don't see why they have to deprecate everything in the world for the current standard just because they'd rather people use stylesheets! I tried using just stylesheets for a while but when I went to the validator site, I kept getting errors saying that I can't use a block element inside an inline element, but when I tried to correct that, it ended up being a huge pain in the butt. SO, I bought a book on stylesheets to try to get to the bottom of it, but then I got sidetracked and decided to just stick to tables for now. I guess I should get back into making sure it's all valid HTML 4.01 when I try to design something, but I think I'll just save that for version 2 of this site...right now, I'm working to meet a deadline, and I don't have time for propriety!!!

Member #
    Thanks again for the help, filburt1! I posted the changes on the site! I've still got A LONG way to go, but I think I'm finally pretty satisfied with the overall look, so now I'm just gonna work on that javascript dropdown navbar (I haven't seen that tutorial yet...I guess that guy's as busy as I am!) as fast as I can and then get the stinkin' site finished. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon for you all!!!

Well, I'm tired (I've worked like 56 hours this week), so I'm going to bed! Thanks a ton again!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Sleep well and no problem.

The two cells are there to force the images to align absolutely to the edges of the table; apparently the align property of just an image doesn't do that even though you didn't specify an hspace or vspace.

I hate the W3C for the same reason: they depreciate things so quickly and never seem to keep standards for a long time. HTML was never meant as a sophisticated design language anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    BTW if you ever want to buy a Javascript book, get this one: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...lance&n=507846

Sams books are excellent. At work I have a PHP/MySQL book (a huge thing, nowhere near close done to reading it) and at home I have QBasic, Visual Basic, and other language books by them. Excellent publisher.

Member #
    Yeah, I got my first (and only) HTML book from Sams. It's one of those Teach Yourself books, and it taught me a ton! Most of what I know now came from that book. I highly recommend them as a publisher, too.

Remove Ads