Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Page Refresh or Page Refresh while targeting iframe?

This is my first time on this site or asking questions in any forum so excuse me if I am not addressing my issue well. I will try to explain the best I can and also thank any of you that take time to read this. I have a theme site for a well known karaoke site, I make hundreds of themes to offer to members for their profiles and personal song pages.
    I use my web site (non-profit) to display all my themes in an iframe concept. A simple menu to select themes from various categories. When you enter the site, you will see I have a "Select Themes Here" arrow, which transitions the html web page and shows a Menu on the left side . You select a category and click on it. This target's the iframe and the themes will appear with images to scroll. They appear on the right in the iframe of course.
    The issue I am trying to fix?... is the fact the images are visible over in the iframe?... but the member may not know they are appearing and they are being left on the menu.. you simply mouse over to the right and the web page transitions back to normal but i am trying to think of a way to have the page refresh automatically so there is no confusion after the iframe is loaded?....

I am basically all self taught and i love CSS design and HTML,, with minor jquery experience. I do this for fun and totally non profit. I thought I would find a forum to ask one you knowledgeable people if you could simply guide me to some kind of method i could use or insight?.. or if this is even possible.

Basically refresh the page ( so the menu disappears) but still load the iframe ?

my link to my site is here.... thank you for your time.

SingSnap Themes

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello

I think this could be done a little differently with a little mix of css & possibly jquery (maybe a simple page refresh and redirect script).

Think of css and using z-index. This way everything could be kept in view and other pages (simply stack your pages)--- lower in the z-index not visible.

Also you could implement php with sessions and mysql -db to keep track of your users.

Take a look thru here and find many detail videos on php ,mysql and more follow this link:

https://phpacademy.org/

thanks

Rod
    [EDIT: fake signature removed by TheGAME1264. Please read the forum rules first. Thanks.]
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Oct 02nd, 2013 at 07:39 AM.

Remove Ads