Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By nicolemcgray
  • 2 Post By AlphaMare

Thread: Please Help!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Please Help!

Hi everyone, I am currently in school for webdesign and have a major issue with an assignment which is due Monday. I am trying to align one image on the left, one on the right and text in the middle. However for some reason the text seems to be pushing the right floated picture down. I have configured the text so there is more than enough room for the picture yet it keeps going downwards. Can anyone help me with this? Also please don't give me the html and css as that would be cheating on my part. I would just like a tip if possible. Thanks so much,
    Nicole
    AlphaMare and TheGAME1264 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Did you put the floated picture before or after the text?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I put them in the order I wanted them to appear so the left image first the text then the right image

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    nevermind I tried moving the second image under the first and that seems to work I guess thought it work more likely if the were lined up properly Thank You for mention that.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    No problem.

Generally (not always, but generally), you need to think of a floated element as "something you need to put in place so that subsequent text can wrap around it." Your line of thinking was logical, but it only would have worked if you had floated your text as well, and if you had done that, you couldn't have wrapped your text around the image.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolemcgray View Post
    Also please don't give me the html and css as that would be cheating on my part. I would just like a tip if possible. Thanks so much,
    Nicole
    Nicole - I just want to salute your honesty here! Thank you!

Too often lately on these forums I have been seeing posts from people who are pretending to be who they are not, or who are looking for others to do the work for them, or are claiming other peoples' work as their own; sometimes all three.

Kudos to you for this post. I hope you get a great mark on your assignment! In any case, it has earned you your first "Like" here.

P.S. I think you should show your teacher this thread.
    TheGAME1264 and m3n0tu18 like this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads