Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    When you click on the class=about the div=#about should shrink to nothing, but the class=about should still remain visible. All that is occurring is the div class=about is disappearing ?

Member #
    It auto-collapses by it's self, arghhh !

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    When you click or when the mouse leaves the black area inside of the #about div?

Look at your code closely and you'll see what I mean. You're using the wrong event.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    When you click or when the mouse leaves the black area inside of the #about div?

Look at your code closely and you'll see what I mean. You're using the wrong event.
    Sorry I'm not seeing the error of my ways ?

Edit: There is mouseEnter to trigger movement !

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Right...and mouseleave is what triggers the div collapsing. That's not a click event.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    The first part of the script is mouseEnter, when the class is clicked shouldn't it open ?

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Maybe I am missing this, but you want the green area to collapse on clicking the black box. You don't want the black box to disappear though? Also when you you say div=#about, do you mean <section id=about>?
    Last edited by Zboost; Nov 27th, 2013 at 07:17 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zboost View Post
    Maybe I am missing this, but you want the green area to collapse on clicking the black box. You don't want the black box to disappear though? Also when you you say div=#about, do you mean <section id=about>?
    You are correct !
    I did mean <section id=about> thanks for clearing that up

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shang Tsung View Post
    The first part of the script is mouseenter, when the class is clicked shouldn't it open ?
    No...mouseenter and click have nothing to do with one another. The click handler is the click handler. The mouseenter handler is the mouseenter handler. They're two separate beasts.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Either way, what he is trying to accomplish wont work if he is closing the parent div am I correct? If you close the parent, the child will be hidden. So I think you should use animate() to re-size to where just the black box shows or is enough to re-open. Ill give an example soon as I finish some things at work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads