Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yes, that is true. If the green box disappears, the black box will disappear as its child.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    His button is the child, and the button closes the parent. So it wont work the way he has it, even if his events are wrong.

Member #
    I understand, is there a work around that can be done with jQuery ?

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Edit fiddle - JSFiddle

Is that what you are looking for?

Member #
    Yes, except two things. The black (div class=about) stretches, my graphic is a fixed size, will this matter ?
    Second, I'm still debating this, a hover over instead of clicking the (div class=about) ? What would you suggest ? Maybe it doesn't matter, my personal preference

Edit:
    My goal is that it's always collasped, when you click / hover over the (div class=about) it expands, which gives more vertical room for (section id=middle) and less room when it is expanded.
    Last edited by Shang Tsung; Nov 27th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Sure just adjust the sizes in the jquery file to meet your needs. It will always stay collapsed after you press it until it is clicked again. You can set them to adjust collapsed by default I am sure.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zboost View Post
    Sure just adjust the sizes in the jquery file to meet your needs. It will always stay collapsed after you press it until it is clicked again. You can set them to adjust collapsed by default I am sure.
    How do I make it stay collapsed in jQuery & stretch & shrink the section id=middle ?

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Well.... What exactly is it that you want to happen? You have to have a button to collapse. If you collapse everything you have to have a button to expand. So you tell me what it is you want to do I will try and help.

$('#middle').animate({height:'45px'},"slow");

Adding that will effect the #middle as well but you are going to start running in to glitches like that I think. To much stuff shifting around at once.
    Last edited by Zboost; Nov 27th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zboost View Post
    Well.... What exactly is it that you want to happen? You have to have a button to collapse. If you collapse everything you have to have a button to expand. So you tell me what it is you want to do I will try and help.

$('#middle').animate({height:'45px'},"slow");

Adding that will effect the #middle as well but you are going to start running in to glitches like that I think. To much stuff shifting around at once.
    Too many glitches, arrghh, that was my goal now you have put doubt into my plan

What I wanted, when the mouse hover over the button, it auto-expands, when the mouse is anywhere out side of the parent div, the parent div collapses automatically. I don't know whether to mouse hover or click on the button, as I don't want compatibility problems.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Well I can tell you the hover thing would real annoying as the client/user can't really control whats going on and the page would be auto adjusting and changing the size of all the containers around it every time the mouse got inside that div. Its possible, but silly in my opinion.. I would be frustrated if my scroll bar kept re-sizing every time i scrolled over something then re-sizing back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads