Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

SOS - can't center slide show images

trying to get this to work for my job, it was working fine, then I modified the images and now I can't get the slide show to align back to the center. I've been at it for hours...changing all sorts of things that seem obvious, but apparently not. Please oh please can someone shed some light?
    Here's the page:
    home

here's the slider css
    /********** slider **********/
    .slider {background: #fff url(images/slider_bg.gif) top repeat-x; margin:0 auto; padding:0; height:405px;}
    .slider div.slice1 { margin:0 auto; width:100%; padding:0;}
    .slider div div div { margin:0; padding:0; width:100%; height:405px; border:0;}
    .slider div div div p.img { float:center; width:100%; padding:37px 0 0 0; margin:0;}
    .slider div div div h2 {width:100%; float: left; font:bold 50px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#000000; margin:0; padding:40px 0 0 10px; line-height:1.2em;}
    .slider div div div h2 span { color:#de0000;}
    .slider div div div p { width:100%; float:center; font:normal 14px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#555555; margin:0; padding:20px 0 0 10px; line-height:1.8em;}

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Is this what you want?

Change:
    Code:
    .slider {background: #fff url(images/slider_bg.gif) top repeat-x; margin:0 auto; padding:0; height:405px;}
    To:
    Code:
    .slider {background: #fff url(images/slider_bg.gif) top repeat-x; margin:0 auto; padding:0; height:405px; overflow: hidden;}
    It looks center on my screen it just goes off the screen. It could be my resolution though? I'm at work.

Edit: Even on my phone the pictures look to large. They go way outside the page.

Now that I am at home totally not what I thought it was...
    Last edited by Zboost; Nov 27th, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    #slider {margin:0 auto; padding: 0; list-style: none;}

That should center it, but keep the class .slider{overflow: hidden;} will fix another issue you had on browsers to small.

Member #
    thanks. Where do I put this:
    #slider {margin:0 auto; padding: 0; list-style: none;}
    Create a new line in the css sheet?

This way didn't work:
    .slider {background: #fff url(images/slider_bg.gif) top repeat-x; margin:0 auto; padding: 0; list-style: none; overflow: hidden;}

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Just put it under .slider if you want to keep it kind of in the same order, that's just me though.

Remove Ads