Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

White Space Removal and Horizontal offset in CSS 3

Hi how do I remove the white spacing between section=middle & section=about ? Resetting the margins to zero doesn't solve, neither does resetting the padding to zero after checking in firebug, arghh !

One other thing, I want to horizontally offset the position of the H2 tags which are nested within section class=nav. Is it possible in CSS, I looked within CSS 3.x reference and couldn't find anything related. Or must I place each H2 tag within it's own class then offset the position of the class horizontally ?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Hi Shang Tsung

Could you post your HTML / CSS or a link to the site (or a JSFiddle) on which you are working? Without seeing the HTML / CSS it is difficult to say what is causing the white space between those elements. Perhaps it is an element (such as a header) within your sections?

To horizontally offset H" tags nested within section class=nav tags, you can simply use a CSS descendant selector:

section.nav h2 {
    margin-left: 20px;
    }
    Best wishes
    Jitse

Member #
    I posted the link to the page.

Applying the CSS descendant didn't solve the problem; I want to move each H1,H2 element independently. Unless I'm wrong, I think I have to place each individual H1 & H2 tag into a class, unless there is a CSS 3 style I can use that I'm unaware of ?

As for the white space it's between the grey and the green on the page.

Remove Ads