Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ;] ;]

Member #
    I have hopes and ambitions of becoming a net-artist who makes music for people to enjoy in the real world and I am not stopping for anything else till it happens. Please advise of ways I may better my coding, thanks.

I am sure we are not related by blood, in heart I hope we are.
    Reply to:
    Pipeman@studiotechno.com
    link in question, http://www.studiotechno.com

My site______________ ;] thx in advance to anyone that helps out

Member #
    Well, your site needs alot of work, IMO. The color scheme is very hard on the eyes, and you designed your site for one of the least popular resolutions for the general internet audience.

I don't like sites that popup in windows, and I also dont like being told to turn off my popup stopping program. I'm trying to stop junk from being displayed on my computer, why are you using the same technique to display your whole site?

First off I think you need a design, and then put your content into that design. What you have right now doesn't look very professional, in my opinion.

Good luck with the site, welcome to the boards.

EDIT: Also, your described business model seems flawed. If you're offering MP3's for free, why would people buy the CD? They can just download your MP3's and burn them to a CD themself, for free.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ouch! Don't make the site open in a page that fills the entire screen! I don't want to have to go to task manager to get out of it.

Member #
    dont disable right click.. Its completely pointless.
    If i wanted your code then i could just go to view > source. and if i wanted your images i would just go to file > save as.

Also, you should definetely optimise your site for 800x600. only about 5% of users will be on a monitor with 1280x1024 resolutions..

And you have a heap of blank space at the bottom of the page..

Im not trying to be rude, but you have literally 100's of mistakes on the homepage alone. It does just aboiut everything wrong!

Member #
    gosh, thanks for the help...

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    If you're being sarcastic, they were only trying to be helpful. To be honest, your website does need a major overhaul.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Okay, here is what I'd do if I were you, which kinda goes back to what spluff said. First, grab a piece of paper and pencil, now, draw a good looking website. If you need help, go to templatepark.com and grab some ideas. Once you have a good picture, go from there. Never design a site that pops up in a window. Also, don't design a site that uses frames, iframes, image maps (unless you acctually need shaped buttons) alerts, sound or popups in general. Your resolution requirement is also really bad, I do't care because I have it but I'll bet around 70 % of people don't. Don't disable right click, and if you do don't it like that. You can just return false, which is cool, and doesn't make an alert. In ie all you have to do is repetedly right click while pressing enter and you get your right click menu. The very nature of the medium prevents you from hiding it, you could obsfucate it but there is no legitimate reason too. Good job acctually using meta tags.

Member #
    sorry if i offended you.. I wasnt trying to.

I was just giving you my opinion

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ditto buntime. It's just that my kneejerk reaction when I see a site that fills my ENTIRE screen is to hit ctrl, alt, delete because any site that's worth looking at doen't need to prevent people from easily leaving.

I know it's not your intention but a lot of sites that do that are designed to confuse novice users and result in them having to crash out of their PC as they don't know about shift/tab or ctrl/alt/del or my personal favourite alt/f4 (there's no messing with alt/f4!)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Pipeman,

I suggest you start by looking at templates on http://www.templatemonster.com and find something you like. Then, attempt to mimic that style in photoshop. Export the necessary images as JPG or GIFs, and finally, create your HTML.

As for how to do each little task, each one could be a thread of its own. I think you should start by finding the style that you like and make another post here asking how you might implement that look. Making a website isn't a simple task the first time around. This could feasibly take you weeks to get right.

I know everyone here will be glad to help you with each step of the way... but just asking for general help won't get you much, because there's just so much, it can't all be put into one post.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads