Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: responsibilities of front end developer

Member #

responsibilities of front end developer

Hi experts,

Can u pls let me know, what are the main responsibilities of Front end developer .

I am new developer , learning front end skills.

Regards

mandie

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Well.. What are you learning? This topic was brought up somewhere on this site already and your in for some interesting responses..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Hey Mandie. Basically the three things you want to learn are HTML, CSS, and Javascript. Your main responsibility, as the front-end developer, will be taking what the designers have designed and convert it into something usable in a browser. HTML is the structural stuff, CSS dictates the size, shape, position, color, etc. of the HTML, and Javascript gives it all a bit more flair. HTML and CSS should probably be the first two things you learn since without an understanding of those, Javascript is useless.

Member #
    Thanks for all your replies.

As suggested, i am learning HTML5 and CSS3.

my question is whether i have to learn .Net and Java too for becoming Front end developer, bcoz they are tools used for web development.

Pls correct me.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mandie View Post
    Thanks for all your replies.

As suggested, i am learning HTML5 and CSS3.

my question is whether i have to learn .Net and Java too for becoming Front end developer, bcoz they are tools used for web development.

Pls correct me.
    Html and css are the main languages you pretty much MUST know to create even a very simple site. Javascript in my opinion should be considered a must now a days as well because of various functionality reasons, but u may or may not get by without it..

If i were you, id learn it all. Including what people call server side languages. Why limit yourself to one skill? If you choose not to id at least take some time and just get familiar with the basics of javascript,msqli and php because more than likely you will run in to these languages within your career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mandie likes this.

Member #
    Thanks for the reply

How do i embed or add Html5 ,CCS3 new features to the site that is developed in .Net platform or MVC, as most of the todays latest application are developed in .Net.

Today i created on simple web site in html and was able to add CSS flavours but did nt goo further in asp.net

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    A lot of people get confused by this and I'll try and explain.

PHP, .Net MVC are SERVER side technologies.

Html, CSS and Javacript are CLIENT side technologies.

Website browsers DO NOT run .net or PHP. Any server side language is compiled and squirts out raw HTML that the browser displays. For example a .net control will be converted into standard HTML on postback.

This is a roundabout way of saying HTML is not embedded. It forms the structure of the page. If your page is performing a logic exercise (if else, foreach etc) or looking up data from a database table, then you will need to write pages with a server side language such as C# or PHP. However the core of the webpage will still be Html regardless.

I hope that helps.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Front-end Developer is responsible for the creating the basic structure of a website via HTML, styling it to look great via CSS, and adding interactivity via JavaScript.
    Further more, front-end developer should also work with w3c standards and optimise website as best as possible for performance, like loading time and image optimisation, and minified code.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arianna143 View Post
    If you are working as a front end developers then in your duties must includes to check the designs, HTML, CSS and the inventory part of the website. You can also browse the articles on the front end developer topics.
    When in the world did front-end developers become warehouse managers? I know that front-end developers are pretty much the sparkly unicorns of the web world, but that's a stretch even by those standards.
    arianna143 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads