Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i have a bunch of small images on the page , i need to a pop-up to appear (after clicking on the small pic) the pop-up should contain a large version of the image.
    Sounds simple but I've already wasted all the day for finding some stuff about it in the internet , I've found some codes , but as i understand they require a url adress of these images to put in the script , but dont have any adresses of images , cause they are stored on my hard drive , can u help me with this problem , please..

Member #
    You would need to put these images on the internet for them to work. If you want this to work only on your local machine, you can put the path to the image in where the URL would go. For example: [minicode]C:\mydocuments\mypictures\pic1.jpg[/minicode] would be entered into the javascript code where it asks for the URL of the image.

Member #
    Image pop-ups

Could I get you to share either the scripts themselves or where you got them? I am looking for a script that when you click on the thumbnail a pop up window comes up with the picture in it. The window must be the exact size of the window. ANY help getting this script would be greatly appreciated.

:classic:

TJ

Member #
    you didn't mention if you want the popup window to be a certain size, if not you can just do target="_blank" and it will open a new window. Alternatively if you do want it to be a certain size you can use relative paths instead of a url. For instance if the webpage is at c:\website\index.html and the image is at c:\website\image.jpg then in the link you would just put "image.jpg" whereas if it is in a folder you need to add the folder name. Such as c:\website\folder\image.jpg would become just "folder/image.jpg"

I actually can't remember if javascript uses "/" or "\" so you will have to play around.

Look at http://www.symptomtech.com on that main index.html page when you click on the picture the site opens in a new sized window with no buttons or scroll bars. Copy that script I have used and change it so that it is the size of your picture and where it has the name of the file I want opened up (main.html) just change that to the relative path to your image. There are other scripts but this one works good, just don't forget to get the part of the script that is in the meta tags as well as the one that is included in the actual link code.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Try saving the images on your webserver, or your host that your transfering to. If possible, keep these images in a specific folder called images, as to NOT get a clogged folder full of images that you don't know about or what not.

For instance... Copy a picture of your cat, "mycat.jpg", and put it in folder "images" in the root webserver directory. This image would then be somewhere on the web, along the lines of "http://www.myurl.com/images/mycat.jpg".

From here, in your code for a link, this most basic code would probably work.
    Code:
    <a href="images/mycat.jpg" target="_blank">My Cat</a>
    I know this might not be what you mean, but it probably is. If you want to have the pop-up come up as a specific size, and have "noresize" disabled, you would probably have to use some sort of script.

Not sure though. Anyway try what I posted above and see if that works!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Oops, sorry about that rockitgirl!

Oh well, I'm sure one of us is right. Although the response is pretty much the same! :P

Member #
    yep, we both pretty much said the same thing except my version was more long winded as I tend to ramble lol

Remove Ads