Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do I correctly make my nav bar scrol down with my page???

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    [EDIT: top paragraph removed because vpatteson got it. Left the rest because it's relevant. TheGAME1264]

Tell your coworker he needs a new computer by April 8. The problem is that he's running a copy of Windows XP on that machine and what appears to be IE7. A newer machine would give him a newer version of IE which would in turn solve your problem.

The problem the coworker has? Windows XP support cycle ends as of April 8. That means that your coworker's computer is going to be a sitting duck for viruses, malware, hacks and all the rest of that and Microsoft won't do a thing to fix it (since they've been doing that for 13 years and have told everyone this day is coming).

Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Microsoft Windows Help

Your company can't be cheap here. If it is, you need to find a new job because chances are you're going to suffer.
    We have told them this but nothing has changed, now i am curently having a problem with the display: inline-block because his browser doesnt support it.

Member #
    Liked
    1902 times
    Like I said, upgrade. I'm not saying it to be trite, either...this is a major issue your company is going to have. Either they upgrade or they pay the price later on when something happens, because chances are whoever's using that tower isn't too tech savvy.

You're right, though...IE7 doesn't support inline-block. As a workaround, you could install Chrome on that machine and have a shortcut to that page open up in Chrome from the desktop. It's not a perfect solution, but it's about all I can come up with.
    I'm an expert in off-page SEO, social media optimization, and repeating everything everyone else says about these topics so that I sound like I know what I'm talking about.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    546 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    As a workaround, you could install Chrome on that machine and have a shortcut to that page open up in Chrome from the desktop. It's not a perfect solution, but it's about all I can come up with.
    Or be sneaky and install Chrome frame...
    Roe Designs
    Web designer / Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    The z-index property handles the stacking order on HTML dom objects

PS.10 floating menu tuts

10 jQuery Floating Menu and Message Plugins | jQuery4u

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3