Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do I correctly make my nav bar scrol down with my page???

Member #

How do I correctly make my nav bar scrol down with my page???

Okay so i got my nav bar to scroll down with my page, but it goes behind my content. how do i fix it so it stays above my content now under it?
    I have attached a sample of my code and css, i could not include it all because of the file size. Can someone please help?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Upload it to a server. Much easier to work with. If you can't, just use codepen.io
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I cant open your code from my phone. Try and do like Ron said and upload it somewhere that will allow us to see it.

Off the top of my head the only thing i can think of is the Z-index to a number higher than your others. That is only a guess as i cannot see any of your code to fully understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I could've done that. The problem is staring at hundreds of lines of code isn't going to help because I don't have the time or the inclination to sit here and look through all that to find what might be the problem. Again, post it online somewhere so I can actually see the page in action.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Thank you very much i just got to work and i will try to implement this in my code, and let you know if it works or not!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    I could've done that. The problem is staring at hundreds of lines of code isn't going to help because I don't have the time or the inclination to sit here and look through all that to find what might be the problem. Again, post it online somewhere so I can actually see the page in action.
    this website is for inner company and will never be hosted it will just be used by employees, therefore i can not upload to a server. If you are not able to help its ok i thank you anyway!

Member #
    Please forgive me but im not quite sure where to insert this in my code, I took classes for html but never got into jquery so i am not sure how to use this.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Feb 25th, 2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Removed the stolen copy that was quoted. Not vpatteson's fault.

Member #
    Okay so i have tried to input the code and it doesnt work for me.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vpatteson View Post
    Thank you very much i just got to work and i will try to implement this in my code, and let you know if it works or not!
    You don't have a host you can throw it up on just until you get this fixed?
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    You don't have a host you can throw it up on just until you get this fixed?
    No my company is CHEAP!!! and i cant use the codepen because my work has it blocked.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads