Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Website Re-work problem

Hey guys !
    I'm currently working on a website based on a theme of TicTail services ( www.tictail.com ) for thoose how dont know what it is, i can say it's pretty much like shopify ...
    Dispite some problems, i have been able to do my modifications , but there is a thing that i'm really struggling and that's because the whole website is done in one unique document. I'm not very experienced yet, so i dont know if this a noob mistake , but i'm finding really hard working this way because when i change something for example here in the homepage: img_base1.jpg

it changes in the other link "Invaders Ink1 "too :
    img_base2.jpg

The main problem here is working different pages in the same page of code..

If anyone have some tip, idea or something that can help would be helpfull

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't really get your question, dude...are you trying to edit a template or something?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Yes, pretty much, i'm editing a template that has been built in a single page of code wich is quite confusing (for me) , because i normaly do the single pages in different "files" which is not the case !
    The question here is how can i differentiate what appears, for example an image, in the Homepage from another page like for example "About us" ...

Explaining the example of the images i have posted now:
    The logotype in the center is in the Homepage, no problem here ( Image 1). When i click in the menu " Invaders ink 1" to go to another page ( image 2) , the logotype does not disappears... ---> This is the current problem but what i like to know is how can i differentiate the pages in the same block of code.

I hope i was clear explaining my doubt this time.
    Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's weird...I wouldn't know what to tell you because it's a Tictail store (never heard of it myself). A lot of those editors can be really Mickey Mouse at times and frustrating as a result. Amazon's Webstores are like that.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Yeah, it's pretty tricky this one :\ anyway, i will keep the method "Try/error" to see if i can solve this mistery.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, that's likely your best approach.

One other thing you may want to try is to see if Tictail has its own markup language or codes. Yahoo! Stores, by comparison, has something called RTML that will let you do some programming of the templates, have different menus in different situations, etc.

Remove Ads