Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: paralax menu

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

paralax menu

how to make this menu with bootstrap? to be on bottom on front page and when you go to any another page it will jump to top.
    Parallax Demo

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    You want just the menu or the whole parallax effect with the scrolling and what-not?
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    You want just the menu or the whole parallax effect with the scrolling and what-not?

I have the scrolling with wordpress. but menu is sitting down. how to make it when you go to another page the menu will jump up and stay there ?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Here's an article that should help. The article is about animated scrolling, but he goes into how to make a button appear once you scroll to a certain point, which is what you'll need to what you're wanting.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    Here's an article that should help. The article is about animated scrolling, but he goes into how to make a button appear once you scroll to a certain point, which is what you'll need to what you're wanting.
    actually i dont need to button appear. but i want to swap the menu from bottom to top after certain point. dont know how to implement with this solution

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    CSS is CSS. That article shows you how to trigger something when the browser is scrolled to certain point. You just have to change what triggers. Think outside the box a little.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Ron - he's trying to do it in WordPress - I'm not sure he can change the CSS that much without creating a child theme.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare View Post
    Ron - he's trying to do it in WordPress - I'm not sure he can change the CSS that much without creating a child theme.
    You can edit a theme however you like without creating a child theme. It's just a matter of how much you want to edit it. Besides, this would be mostly JS. The article I posted explains how to trigger what basically amounts to a CSS change when the user scrolls beyond a certain point. That part is copy/paste. He just needs to change the bit where it fades in the button to do what he wants instead.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Yes, you can edit a theme however you want, but if the theme needs updating you'll have to re-do the edits, like as not. With a child theme, you can generally avoid that. If I have to edit any CSS, js, or even create new PHP functions, I put them into a child theme so they won't be touched if the theme requires updating.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare View Post
    Yes, you can edit a theme however you want, but if the theme needs updating you'll have to re-do the edits, like as not. With a child theme, you can generally avoid that. If I have to edit any CSS, js, or even create new PHP functions, I put them into a child theme so they won't be touched if the theme requires updating.

thank guys, i give a try this week in work. Will try the css with js at certain point. i hope it works with responsive

Remove Ads