Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a contact form and am in the process of moving my site off my isp and on to a freebie web host
    I simply want the output of the form to be made available to me and am not picky how it's done, it could be in an email or stored somewhere on the host, fine. I am thinking I could post it here for corrections? I want the information from this form sent to me and the user sent to another file in the same directory called Thankyou.htm
    Here are the lines in question which do not work, if anyone has any way to make the form do what I outlined above using anything they know I would be grateful!
    <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="mailto:lbrinin@earthlink.net">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="RECIPIENT" VALUE="lbrinin@earthlink.net">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="THANKURL" VALUE="Thankyou.htm">

Then near the bottom (as I was instructed) this
    <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="SUBMIT" VALUE="SUBMIT">

<INPUT TYPE="RESET" NAME="RESET" VALUE="RESET">

Is there anyone who might know why this does not work?
    Thanks
    Lewis Brinin
    lbrinin@earthlink.net

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    using action="mailto:" depends on the user's email settings. If they don't have email setup, it wont submit the form... I'd reccomend using a server-side script to send it to your email. You can use PHP, ASP or CGI for the easiest ones.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Please tell me more. Is there something I can up load to the server that would facilitate this? How do I find a pHP asp or cgi script that would make this form work? Since the email address is mine it is easy for me to know if I am getting mail from this, I test it every time Ithink I found the answer

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    There's dozens of scripts out there, but first find out what technology your server uses. PHP or ASP would be easiest, but CGI/Perl will work too.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    All I know is what LEECH told me that the server runs win NT 5. The guy who runs it did not know if he had a cgi-bin directory or the windows equivalent
    He says he is going to be at beach all week end so can't help me. Funny becuase at the beach, the winds are 35 mph and increasing due to tropical storm Henri,,hmm

Remove Ads