Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Help Creating a Site

Hi All,

Basically I am looking for some help. I run an online football game and games are run using .txt files. I am looking to create an online teamsheet submitting tool that will allow users to go online, select their team and it will then export a .txt file and email that to the email address that it needs to.

We have a list of rosters that sit on our FTP and look like this:-

Code:
    Name         Age Nat St Tk Ps Sh Ag KAb TAb PAb SAb Gam Sub  Min Mom Sav Con Ktk Kps Sht Gls ***  DP Inj Sus
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    T_Kuszczak    33 pol 25  1  1  1 24 581   1   1   1  23   0 2186   1 156  10   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0
    J_Focher      22 ger 19  1  1  1 12  35   1   1   1   0   0    0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0
    D_Kerr        26 jam 17  1  1  1 28  49   1   1   1   0   0    0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0
    S_Eastwood    21 eng 15  1  1  1 23 769   1   1   1   0   0    0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0
    P_Mertesacker 31 ger  1 18  8  5 29   1 970 631 374  17   0 1543   0   0   0  21  12  18   0   0   6   0   0
    I would like the following to happen:-

I want the website to query for the roster and then display it as normal in the website. To the side of each selection, e.g. in the above T_Kuszczak, I want there to be a check box so that the user can select this players position, e.g. GK.

I would then like to have a separate section on the page that previews. What should happen is this:-

- Select Player position, e.g. Goalkeeper
    - This then puts it in the preview section, e.g. GK T_Kuszczak

I am not sure whether I have explained this the best, and am not sure about how or even if this could be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mjcuthy

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I would STRONGLY suggest using MySQL for things like this, it would transform what would otherwise be pages of code into 1 or 2 lines.
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Hi, my name is Rusty Burnett, and I was wondering if someone could help me with getting my images exactly where I want them on my page? I am very new to this, but what is the best method?
    Last edited by RUSTydragonlord; Apr 28th, 2014 at 07:39 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    There really isn't one. It depends on where you want them on your page and what you're trying to accomplish.

I suggest you start a new thread with the URL of the images on the page, where you want them and where you're struggling.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSTydragonlord View Post
    Hi, my name is Rusty Burnett, and I was wondering if someone could help me with getting my images exactly where I want them on my page? I am very new to this, but what is the best method?
    Are you asking how to do it within css? Or are you unaware of css? I maybe misunderstanding but i think what you want is to learn CSS..it isnt that difficult to learn. It is the first step for you unless you already know css..

If i am wrong and you do know CSS and just want to get advice on how to lay it out id follow what TheGame said and start a mew thread with an example of what it is you are trying to layout.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Remove Ads