Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Form Input type=file HELP!!!

I have a <form> where I am uploading a file. (Mp3 Files). When I run the form and select the files to send via (POST) it locks up. (It just continues to load FOREVER...) I have tried it in Firefox and IE. The files are not very big, so I dont think size is an issue.

here is the code. (I have simplified it a lot to debug)

<form action='handler.php' method='post' enctype='multipart/form-data'>
    <p>
    Select Files to upload:<input type='file' name='file[]' id='file[]' multiple><br><br>
    <input type='submit' value='Upload!'>
    </p>
    </form>

if I remove the enctype='multipart/form-data' it will work via POST only. But, if I remove enctype='multipart/form-data' then $_FILES[] will not work.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    First, I'd try to debug your handler.php file, you might have forgotten a semicolon somewhere or made some other error that prevents the php file from running at all. The second thing I would try is getting rid of the brackets in the name and id attributes (or maybe even the paragraph tags), if none of that works, you might want to post up your handler file (make sure to obscure any sensitive info if you do).

Hope that helps!
    Hey you! Go make something!

Remove Ads