Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Triggering non-flash player on iPhone

There's a site 3112sumac.com that has a slideshow. It's in flash. It detects when an iPhone is viewing it, and offers a non-flash version.

I've used part of the code from that site on my client's site at Properties | Jayne Irons. It shows the slideshow, but I don't see the option to load the non-flash site on my iPhone.

I've looked through the code, but I don't know where that part is. I've contacted the person whose name is on the site.

He says there is coding that detects mobile devices and then sends it to the mobile format of the site, and it is screen size based.

Does anyone know how I can make that happen on Properties | Jayne Irons, so it will work on my iPhone?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    If I could make a better suggestion, just load the non-flash version on everything. You'll save yourself the ***-pain of running browser UA tests, and you won't be loading resources desktop users won't see.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Good idea. I don't know how to do that yet. I asked the owner of the site for the code, but I haven't heard back. Where do I begin?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Instead of trying to load a flash and non-flash slider, just delete the flash slider and add the non-flash one.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads