Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Web Design! Help

Okay, I have a website and when you go to lets say www.example.com , The script below shows a contact box at the bottom right. When I go to https://www.example.com the contact box doesn't show anymore. Can someone help me change the script? Thank You.

<script> /* var bcf_settings = { buttonText:'Contact Us', buttonTop:'30%', language:'en_US' }; // Better Contact Form Settings */ (function (d, s, id) { if ('https:' == document.location.protocol || d.getElementById(id)) return; var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "http://bettercontactform.com/contact/media/6/d/6d7199e57e63f371cd60ea48d50d8d6b2b39fe86.js"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, "script", "bcf-render"));</script> <a id="bcf_trigger" href="http://bettercontactform.com" rel="bcf_trigger">Free Contact Form</a>

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The answer is "you can't". When you use an SSL, you need to make sure all elements of your site are secure, including this contact form script you're using. You can't secure this script because bettercontactform.com doesn't seem to have a valid SSL.

You also don't want to be using a script of this nature anyway. Any time you use a widget like this, you have to be careful with the code they give you. In this case, the people who created it snuck an "SEO" link into the bottom of it. You really should be using a proper server-side contact form.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Where do you go to validate?

Member #
    @SusanF . Via Namecheap. I used their hosting service, and their SSL validation process thing. So no 1 can change the script up for me ?

Member #
    I just today purchased a domain name at namecheap.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chike25 View Post
    @SusanF . Via Namecheap. I used their hosting service, and their SSL validation process thing. So no 1 can change the script up for me ?
    Again, no. The only way that script changes is if bettercontactform.com acquires an SSL.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads