Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    OK . . . OK . . . I'll try it!

I've decided to incorporate a Splash Page into my site, which (now that I've been around the block & looked at various techniques to accomodate page size, window size & browser res), I'm ready to try & learn fluid CSS design.

First, I need to know which I should be accomodating, based on my content.

Please go to my site: http://www.moonjams.com. At the base of the home page is a link to my Test Page, which is the Splash Page in progress.

The dynamic background (stars) resizes to window size, so that's no problem. For the graphic content [title, slogan (marquee), animated .gif (space ship) & "Enter" link], which are all centered, I suppose I should simply resize them so as to fit a screen res of 800 x 600; & then design the page so that they are always centered?

That would work; & make the most sense, right?

So, my basic question is: How is that accomplished?

(not asking to have the work done for me . . . just point me in the right direction.)

Thanks very much,

mark4man

Member #
    Wow I have a similar question, I finallly just did the site for 800x600 (css), but it is not centered yet. I tried to center everything in a <div> and it threw all positioning off. Like the site by the way

Member #
    Easiest answer for the both of you: put your site in a table, and center the table. If your site is going to be long, consider stacked tables: put your banner in a table, your nav in a table below the banner, and your content in a third table. The key there is to make sure all tables are the same width.

Member #
    splufdaddy,

Tables are inline content! I can't have graphic content in a table on top of a dynamic background . . . the action moves right through the graphics (in this case, the traveling stars travel right through the space ship.)

It has to be done with Layers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jrwicker,

Thanks.

mark4man

Remove Ads