Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

New guy in need for guidance :)

Hello comunity,

I have just started learning how to make web pages, know how to read html, and modify it to suit my needs, and bit by bit im getting to the point where i will hopefully be able to do some templates on my own.

I have started modifying one finished template, however ive bumped into a wall.So if anyone could spare few moments, i would be grafefull for your time.

1st problem is creating drop down menu. Whatever i try i cant get it to work. My curent menus HTML is

<div class="main">
    <div class="container_12">
    <div class="grid_12">
    <nav>
    <ul class="menu">
    <li><a class="active" href="index.html">O NAMA</a></li>
    <li><a href="services.html">USLUGE</a></li>
    <li><a href="catalogue.html">KATALOG</a>
    <li><a href="contact.php">KONTAKT</a></li>
    </ul>

and my css is

.menu {padding:0;width:100%}
    .menu li {float:left;position:relative}
    .menu li:first-child {background:url(../images/menu-a-tail.gif) 0 -71px no-repeat}
    .menu li a {font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;display:block;width:188px;font-size:21px;line-height:1.238em;padding:21px 0 24px 0;color:#262626;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;background:url(../images/menu-a-tail.gif) right -71px no-repeat;letter-spacing:-1px}
    .menu li a:hover,
    .menu li a.active {color:#fff;background-position:left top;background-repeat:repeat-x;background-color:#000}

tried to add drop down with <ul></ul> and add new styles in css like this

.menu li ul {display: none;position: relative;}
    .menu li ul li:hover > ul {display:list-item;}
    .menu li ul li {position: relative; border-bottom:none;}

but nothing happens,.. also tried few more versions i found online,.. but i must be missing something.

Goal is to make few columns to drop down, maybe 3 or 4 which would keep current style as existing menu.

Other problem is my contact form. Took me a while to make it work, and it works splendid. Mails are beeing sent But i have no idea how to change my submit button. Since code is too big, id rather pm it to someone who could help me with this problem.

In any case, thnx to everyone who reads this. My next goal is once i catch all tips and tricks to make my own site from scratch. And start reading wordpress

Greetings from Croatia

Member #
    Btw the page i am making is a page for a friend. Still alot of work on it, and bunch of things i will need to ask,.. but its adress is Enterijer ?iljeg . Please, all advices are welcome.

Member #
    It's a bit tricky to find the mistake without seeing the whole side/code. That being said, this looks strange:

.menu li ul {display: none;position: relative;}
    .menu li ul li:hover > ul {display:list-item;}
    .menu li ul li {position: relative; border-bottom:none;}

Reads like you want to display a complete ul, when a list element is hovered, which parent ul ist set to display:none. So how should the li be hovered if there's no ul? Besides, your html has no li, which contains an ul.
    Last edited by Danielpixelz.com; May 19th, 2014 at 03:40 AM.

Remove Ads