Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Help with CSS, please...

ok, I have been pouring my heart and soul into a new website i'm trying to get going. It essentially takes the forum of a reddit-like forum/blog. I think it a pretty good idea and i'm calling it a social forum. Basically anyone can post at anytime, unless the email is registered to a user name and after 6 posts you are prompted to join but don't have too, you can keep posting as a guest. If you make a post there is a subject and title, posts are groups by thread and threads are grouped by subject, so if a subject is taken then you submit your post to an already existing forum otherwise one is created.

But to the point, i'm a competent programmer. But I suck at styling. Take a look the IndyBoards - Self Populating Community Forum, it flows nice but the colors suck. I need someone to give me advice on styling, someone give me some advice on how to make the page pop and get some users registering.

And maybe how to redo the pool/index page.

Member #
    If i were you i would just browse the web for forums that are effective and directed at the same target.
    I find it hard to give any other advice as i would be forced to prepare a design, maybe i am just not good with words... meh.

Ohh yeah... Flat is the trend now... so there you go.. my first an probably only advice i am able to voice in words.
    <Signature Here/>

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    The colors are too corporate.. Blue and grey are both very soothing colors and in my opinion a forum should seem lively and active.. Try going with colors that seem more energetic.. Like red n oranges..

The last 9 threads/forums are too close to the left.. Add some whitespace between it with some margins

And i would remove the black background and go with a color that matches the theme more. If you chose to keep the grey and blue i would make the black background a white or light grey

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Remove Ads