Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

IE11 How to fix browser displaying web pages properly

Hi IE11 doesn't show pages of my website right. Is this a problem that browser has for all. or do I need to fix some of my web pages. Please let me know thank you very much for your help.

Member #
    It looks like it might be an html issue because Opera is doing the same thing and showing the some pages the same way. Heres one of the pages, EARTHSCRIPTS.COM World Scripts And Programs Find More you can see in chrome and Mozilla its whole page is viewing fine. In IE 11 AND Opera the page is skinnier and I don't know why. You can view the source on that page. Shouldn't take too much of a fix to someone who knows what they're doing and might be able to spot what probably the problem is. Please let me know thank you very much.

Member #
    Safari is fine
    so is just a IE 11 and
    Opera issue

Member #
    This is what holds the whole page the container css. the margins are set to auto so that they fill up almost the whole page depending on what browser it is and adjusts it automatically. but it isn't doing that well like the others, in only Opera and IE 11

.container { margin: 0px auto auto;
    display: block;
    width: 900px;
    height: 2070px;
    border: 5px solid rgb(15,0,0);
    border-bottom: 0px;
    border-top: 20px;
    }

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by webbbby View Post
    This is what holds the whole page the container css. the margins are set to auto so that they fill up almost the whole page depending on what browser it is and adjusts it automatically. but it isn't doing that well like the others, in only Opera and IE 11

.container { margin: 0px auto auto;
    display: block;
    width: 900px;
    height: 2070px;
    border: 5px solid rgb(15,0,0);
    border-bottom: 0px;
    border-top: 20px;
    }
    You have a fixed with and height in px, maybe try percentage instead and see if that displays better in the two problem browsers.

Remove Ads