Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Post How to push content below a "fixed" position navbar?

Hi. My logo is pushed up behind the nav bar I made which has the attribute `position: fixed`.

I have set the `margin-bottom: 40px;` to the `<div>` element that contains the list (Alpha, Beta, etc.).

I also tried putting the entire content sans-navbar in a `id="container"` and applied the style to the `#container` as follows: `margin: 0; margin-top: 40px;` but nothing happened.

Quick question: and how can I **vertically** centralise the Alpha, Beta, etc. within the pink navbar?Screenshot from 2014-07-25 08:22:51.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    First question: adding styles to the nav to push the content down won't work, because it's been removed from the flow of the document. Add position:relative; and top:40px; to #container and see if that doesn't fix you up.

Second question: set the line-height of the list items to the height of the whole nav, then add display:inline-block; and height:100%; to the anchors inside the list items.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Thanks. That solved my problems.

Remove Ads