Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Looking for EASY-TO-USE HTML5 MP3 playlist player

I've been using a flash script to play mp3 audio samples on some of my websites (see sodhouserecords.com/37years for example). Works great, easy to use, but of course does NOT work on most smartphones. I'm looking for a HTML5-friendly replacement, but everything I've found either doesn't do what I need, or is either expensive or complicated to use. Any suggestions?

(FYI, the old script I'm using is at flash-mp3-player.net/players/multi - I'd love to find something with a similar code structure, to make conversion easier)

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    The only way I've ever gotten this to work reliably is to create a custom solution, use multiple formats and provide a flash-based fallback.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Thanks, but I don't have the skills to create a custom solution, but I can modify an existing one to suit, if it's not too complicated, There are dozens of scripts available, I was just hoping someone would recommend one.

I'm looking at Brian Hadaway's UbaPlayer - does anyone have any experience with it?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I figured so, but thankfully HTML5's Audio API is really easy to work with. The most difficult part about it is having to use multiple formats, which a quick trip here should help you navigate.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Easy for you maybe. I don't want to have to learn a whole new programming language, or to have to navigate using multiple formats, if someone has already done it and is willing to share.

I finally downloaded Amazing Audio Player - I had to shell out $99, as the "free" version is too limited for my needs, but it's easy to use, has a fairly intuitive interface, and works great.

Remove Ads