Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

How to get form results sent directly to my email?

I've added

"mailto="emailadress@gmail.com"

But when I test it out myself, I press submit then it opens up Microsoft Outlook instead of just submitting the form. I don't want my users to know its being emailed, once they've pressed it I just want to automatically want to receive it to my inbox.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    To send data you need server side code, like php.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    If you want the form info sent to your e-mail, you need to have something process it on the server and send it to your from there, it cannot be sent directly from the browser.

Depending on what you are using to write your code, you will need to have a script to process the form; PHP is the one I use that works with HTML/CSS, and i am sure there is something for sites written in ASP but i don't know what it is..

If you can't write the code yourself, there are a couple of good ones available online.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Lightbulb I think I may have solved your problem - customizable forms!

I can't tell you how many times I struggled with forms before I found this incredible FREE tool. And no, I don't get anything ($) for telling you about them. Just trying to save you a headache or two. You can even set it to send you a TEXT MESSAGE when your form is filled out. I just love this tool. To get your own custom form (they don't put advertising on your site, which is awesome), just visit:

www.wufoo.com/

Everything on the form is customizable on Wufoo.com. It's so user-friendly.

Thanks a bunch and good luck with your form!

EDIT: promotional links removed - we do not allow advertising, requests for social media followers, or any kind of self-promotional links on these forums.
    You may have a link in your signature after you have made at least 25 posts that contribute to the forums.
    Empty posts (e.g. "I agree" or "good info") will not count towards that total.
    Also, I have removed the advertising image you have attached to this post, and if you do it again, you stand in danger of being banned. AlphaMare.
    Last edited by AlphaMare; Oct 04th, 2014 at 07:17 PM.

Remove Ads