Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Display calendar from one site on another

I have a calendar on Upcoming Events. It's a WP site.

I want to display it, but just the calendar portion, within ILoveMyLaser (an HTML/CSS site), instead of the one that is currently there.

Is that possible? If so, how?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Theres no reason to create a duplicate thread for a question you have already asked..

I doubt this can be done without it being stored in a databased and dynamically displayed on their page..

Ive never done this so i may be wrong

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Sorry for the repost. No one replied on the other thread, wasn't sure if I should edit that one, delete it, or what.

Been trying to figure out how to get a WP calendar to show on a site that is not WP for quite some time.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Are the 2 sites on the same server? If so, you can dig into how WP is pulling the calendar from the database and just connect to the database with PHP on the other site and pull in the same info.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi Ronald,

The 2 sites are on different servers. ilovemylaser.com is on the server of of another company, GSS, and they do not allow php. I think that's why that site is not in WP.
    Last edited by pranaman; Oct 06th, 2014 at 03:47 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Ah. Well, then I suspect you're out of luck on that. One final option would be to put them both on a Google Calendar and use the Google Calendar API to pull the information with JavaScript. It isn't too difficult, though if you aren't used to working with API's, it's a bit scary to jump into. I did it with this site's events list, and I'd never worked with an API before that. If you can get past that initial scariness, it's really a lot easier than one might think. The data comes in as JSON. While JSON isn't exactly an object, you access it's values in the same way you would and object.
    Last edited by Ronald Roe; Oct 03rd, 2014 at 04:49 PM.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    You can use iframe to display content from another domain.
    Just find how to trigger Global Community | Quantum Wave to return calender only. If this is not possible, load complete "http://quantumwave.com/events/" in iframe then use divs with higher z-order to cover areas from iframe you want to hide, as it is not possible to modify the pages from other domains.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    On one of the other threads you included reference to the ilovemylaser site you said the site is down? Just curious why you want a calendar that is on a down website? Why not recreate the calendar? Not like they are going to update it if the site is no longer up..

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Maybe create a link in your (new) website to the calender, and (thus) embed it into your new site?
    Or recreate it in a folder in public_html or www?
    Like public_html/calender/

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    OK, finally getting more info on this...

Ronald, I am hoping to stick with the plugin, as it records the venues I enter, and allows me to reuse them for future events, which is kind of neat, and keep the venue listings consistent.

Vapr_Arts, the site is up. It was down in the past, but we got it going again...

sasha_bolcina and Sasseke, I think I got it. I have to figure out how the plugin is 'calling the data' from the database, or wherever it's storing the entries that I am entering in that plugin, while in WP.

I made ILoveMyLaser, which shows the calendar (and then some) in an iframe.

Shows too much of course, but if I can find out the plugin itself is doing what it's doing, and perform those commands in html, I got it.

Remove Ads