Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9
    Member #
    40435

    Software suggestions needed for CSS3 Menu Button design on Mac

    Can anyone suggest a good piece of software for Mac which will allow me to create CSS3 web menus and rollover buttons for my website? Been Googling for ages but I can't find anything that works for me which runs on a Mac.

    I have tried CoffeeCup's Menu Builder but I found the interface awkward and non-intuitive, with little scope for design; and it doesn't do buttons (just menus).

    I love the look of this one, but it's Windows platform only:
    Easy Button & Menu Maker - create Web buttons and menus

    The only other program I found which looks like it'll give me the control I want is this, but it also doesn't include a button-maker, and since I need a commercial license I think it's quite a lot to pay just for a drop down menu:
    http://css3menu.com/...x.html#overview

    Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

  2.  

  3. #2
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    Honestly.. Any option you find will be garbage!

    So you need a commercial license? The menu is for a client? Why not HAND code it? It will be the best option for your client and isn't a hard task to do, if you have spent anytime looking for software to do this you could have easily found a tutorial on how to hand code it which can be done with software already on a mac (text edit)


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9
    Member #
    40435
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Honestly.. Any option you find will be garbage!

    So you need a commercial license? The menu is for a client? Why not HAND code it? It will be the best option for your client and isn't a hard task to do, if you have spent anytime looking for software to do this you could have easily found a tutorial on how to hand code it which can be done with software already on a mac (text edit)
    Not for a client... for my own site which is for my business. I'm not opposed to coding it myself but I figured it would be too complicated and take too long to learn, especially if I want animations or suchlike.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    What is your site going to be used for? Lately ive seen alot of ppl trying to create their own site to advertise web design services they would like to offer.. If this is what you are doing then id stop immediately and pick the idea back up after you have taken the time to learn the basics of html/css/js

    If this is not your intended business plan and your site has nothing to do with web design services id advise you to first consider how important your websites success will be to the success of your business. Would it be better to hire someone? If not maybe look into Joomla or another CMS that will do most of the heavy lifting for you..


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9
    Member #
    40435
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    What is your site going to be used for? Lately ive seen alot of ppl trying to create their own site to advertise web design services they would like to offer.. If this is what you are doing then id stop immediately and pick the idea back up after you have taken the time to learn the basics of html/css/js

    If this is not your intended business plan and your site has nothing to do with web design services id advise you to first consider how important your websites success will be to the success of your business. Would it be better to hire someone? If not maybe look into Joomla or another CMS that will do most of the heavy lifting for you..
    I'm a guitar teacher. Nothing to do with web design. And it's already successful, in terms of SEO and Google positioning.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    Ok so you already have an established site this is just going to be a redesign? Do you mind linking to the site? This can help me see how the site is setup now and try to find an easy option for you.


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

  8. #7
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    And an FYI wt least in my opinion.. Seo and google ranking are part of the equation to a successful site.. If you are ranked 1 in google but arent making conversions and business isnt actually bein generated from the site. It isnt successful. Im no saying this is your site! Im just making sure you understand my definition of a successful site.

    Also google rankings can change from user to user so just because you see your site on page 1 i may find it on page 2 or even a few slots lower (or higher) in the ranking than you do..


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9
    Member #
    40435
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Ok so you already have an established site this is just going to be a redesign? Do you mind linking to the site? This can help me see how the site is setup now and try to find an easy option for you.


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Thanks. I've messaged you a link.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    Did you build the current site? If you did you may be able to follow along with a tutorial on youtube?

    if you didn't well theres good news for you. HTML/CSS can be learnt within about the span of a weekend. If thats not what you want to do I can't really be of any help from here. I do not know of any software that you can use to create a navigation for you.

    if you can explain what you want the navigation to do in terms of animations maybe I can help you work through it without learning the languages. Do you have any examples from other sites that do something like you want?

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9
    Member #
    40435
    I built the site myself, hand-coding with the aid of CoffeeCup's Web Editor. As far as menu behaviour and look is concerned, I don't have any specific ideas in mind. I don't need drop-down items but I would like some nice, sharp looking buttons with smooth rollover effects.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com