Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Site not really responsive on my phone..

I've used the <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">, and my site still isn't exactly re-sizing when I load it on my phone. It shows up really tiny on my S4, I was wandering if anyone could look at it on their phone and see if it is the same case. I think it has something to do with the background-image I added to the body of my homepage.

Home | Florence Web Design and PC Repair

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Its not enough to set meta tag to have responsive page. All the html must support responsive design. You cannot position absolute a headline, and move it 1110 pixels to the left and expect the phone renders normal page. Have you noticed bottom scrollbar when browser is reduced?
    Last edited by sasha_bolcina; Oct 17th, 2014 at 11:54 AM.

Member #
    Yeah I should have been focusing on the responsive side of things from the beginning, I've just been looking at it in computer browsers lol. I'll look into changing my HTML around to make it more responsive

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    ^ What Sasha said.

That meta line is only good AFTER you made your entire site responsive. You got some work to do.

That meta line tells small devices to view it in whatever viewport your device is, rather than having it zoomed out to show the full width of the site.

So, until you have your site responsive, it's actually better to not have that meta line

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Update: I just noticed you're using bootstrap.

Bootstrap is meant to be a responsive framework, so whatever you did (probably added fixed widths to containers), just undo them and let bootstrap naturally size up the site for you.

Member #
    Hello......................this link could help you to resolve your problem
    so please click on this link at blow.

http://www.2createawebsite.com/desig...te-design.html

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista View Post
    Update: I just noticed you're using bootstrap.

Bootstrap is meant to be a responsive framework, so whatever you did (probably added fixed widths to containers), just undo them and let bootstrap naturally size up the site for you.
    I agree to this. It has a grid system that will allow you to arrange your content according to column

Remove Ads