Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Help, what is this technique called?

Member #

Question Help, what is this technique called?

Hello everyone! I hope I am posting this in the right section, it's great to be apart of this forum and I look forward to getting to know each of you! Any help regarding this subject such as tutorials that achieve the desired effects would also be greatly appreciated in addition to any insight that you are willing to share!

Preston Kent Web Designer and Developer

http://www.prestonkent.com/i/arrows.png

How is the background being manipulated? http://www.prestonkent.com/i/code.png Yet this section appears two tone black/grey on the website.

http://www.prestonkent.com/i/wacom-pens-tablets.png I am also not sure how he was able to stretch the tablet exclusively to look as if it is popping out and overlapping onto the next background color tone.

I am learning web design and am intermediate, I have firebug installed on firefox but it's not really telling me much aside from he has the wacom-pens-tablets wrapped in a div called "pens" yet it doesn't allow you to expand to find out the details around the div.

Am I right calling this a responsive web site?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    There doesnt seem to be any manipulation going on.. The site is also NOT responsive..

The images are bing pulled in using CSS and the reason the tablet "pops out" is because it overlaps the div below it.

Theres really no tricks here.. Its all simple CSS

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    There doesnt seem to be any manipulation going on.. The site is also NOT responsive..

The images are bing pulled in using CSS and the reason the tablet "pops out" is because it overlaps the div below it.

Theres really no tricks here.. Its all simple CSS

Thank you for your insight, I was unsure if this was just pure CSS or if more was at work here, again firebug really didn't provide much detail.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Ive never used firebug (honestly never even heard of it) so im not sure how it works. What i did was use the developer tools in chrome. I found the element u were talking about and noticed no images so i found the css tag associated with that element and there i was able to see how they were doing it

Remove Ads