Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By learwebsolutions

Thread: What is the best or easiest way to make your website Responsive

Member #
    Liked
    171 times

What is the best or easiest way to make your website Responsive

This whole responsive websites concept has been hanging over my head for some time now. I would like to get a grip on it but unfortunately, I seem to have a hard time wrapping my head around it. Maybe I will go to Youtube and watch the videos on it right now.

Anyways I have this design concept that I am going to start coding that I would really like to make Responsive but I don't know what the best way to do it would be. I read tutorials on Foundation, Grid, and messed around with Resitive JQ and I still either don't get it or it doesn't work properly.

So what is your recommendation? Do you recommend any tutorial sites, or videos that might have helped you in the past? What do you personally use, Foundation, grid or others?

I really appreciate your help on this issue.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    In my opinion the easiest and most efficient way to make a website responsive is with css media queries. If I were you I would google css media queries. I also made a tutorial on this forum a while ago on media queries. Here is the link for my tutorial if you're interested.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Hey Andrew, thank you for your advice I will go check out your tut now!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    CSS frameworks are pre-prepared software frameworks that are meant to allow for easier, more standards-compliant web design using the Cascading Style Sheets language. Most of these frameworks contain at least a grid.
    Use Bootstrap, a sleek, intuitive, and powerful mobile first front-end framework for faster and easier web development.

Few other css frame works
    1. Cascade Framework
    2. Cascade Framework Light
    3. Concise
    4. Emastic
    5. floatz
    6. Ink
    7. inuitcss
    8. Kube
    NameClues likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    CSS frameworks are pre-prepared software frameworks that are meant to allow for easier, more standards-compliant web design using the Cascading Style Sheets language. Most of these frameworks contain at least a grid.
    Use Bootstrap, a sleek, intuitive, and powerful mobile first front-end framework for faster and easier web development.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AjitRamdas View Post
    Again all you have done is taken a section out of the previous comment and reposted it. Along with you dragging up 4yr old posts i dont expect you to be around very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Your reply is very useful for me ..Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    One strategy you can use is to look at the source code for responsive websites made in the framework of your choice and see how it was done. You can see all the CSS styling applied to an element using the Chrome or Firefox web inspector and this will tell you what classes should be used in these frameworks to achieve the desired effect.

Remove Ads