Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Need help with portfolio website height/width in diff resolutions

Hey guys, I am creating a creative portfolio to show advertising agencies my work and its somewhat operational but not quite up to snuff yet. I found and edited a free template to make it more aesthetically pleasing. I have been editing in Dreamweaver and in 1920x1080 resolution and it looks good, but it looks rather messy in other resolutions. Im assuming its a CSS/HTML issue.

My goal, and what I need help with, is to make it look the same in all resolutions and platforms (tablets, phones etc.) by messing around with the height and width settings (i think?) I'm not fully sure how and I need everything to line up with each other and all around look better than it does now.

If you'd be willing to help me please send me a PM and I'll send you the files (forgive me, I know I can link it in this thread but I'm trying to be cautious as I have a lot of OC and personal info that I'm not ready to share yet :/ I hope that's alright.)

Thank you so much

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    If you are looking for someone to hire post something in the marketplace section.

Depending on how much you want to be involved id suggest different options. One option being scrap the template you are using now and find a "responsive" one. This would be the easiest as you would be doing what you are doing now. Another options would be implementing a foundation such as bootstrap( not the one id recommend but I'm drawing a blank atm).

Essentially widths are done using percentages and heights in most situations are going to be left alone unless you play to clip something?

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Remove Ads