Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Unhappy Linked CSS page not working when uploaded

Hey guys and galls I'm new to the web designs/ coding world. I have created a website and gotten some server space through namecheap. My site is comprised of about 6 html files and a css file. Everything loads and works perfectly when I double click on the index file and look at the website locally. I have uploaded the files to the server through filezilla. When I went the the url for the first time only the html of the index file was being displayed. Also none of my links where working . I tried changing the link to the css file to the url from where it is uploaded through the ftp. When I load it now an authentication required window pops up. If I put in my credentials it loads properly, but if I cancel I just get the basic html. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I'm assuming its a pretty basic mistake I've made somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Post the link so we can see what you're working with. It sounds like a path issue, but I can't tell you how to correct it until I see the issue first hand.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Banned
    Member #
    A screen shot of the file directory as seen through your ftp will also help. Additionally, copy the source code of your file on the post.

Member #
    GeoSmoke Sorry, should have included that when I asked. By the way I have tried messing with the settings on cpanel with reguards to password protecting uploaded files. There wasn't anything that was set to ask for a password though.

Member #

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by NOOSUMindustries View Post
    post your website link bro. maybe it because of folder mismatch. use full url instead of filename. like http://exmaple.com/css/stylesheet.css

Remove Ads