Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Positioning multiple Images using CSS.

I created another thread and perhaps the title was confusing. I am building a Twenty Twelve Child theme on WP and am trying to position 4 PNG images in the 4 corners of my body page. Essentially I am looking to create the appearance of paperweights on each corner of the page. I have identified the class for the body which is below:

body .site {
    padding: 0px 2.85714rem;
    margin-top: 5.42857rem;
    margin-bottom: 5.42857rem;
    box-shadow: 25px 25px 25px rgba(195, 237, 83, 0.22);
    opacity: 1.97;
    background:FFF;
    background: url("trujuice/orange.png") no-repeat right top !important;
    }

The background line is not the way to do this correctly, as it overwrites the background I have set in Dashboard. How can I put the images in all 4 corners without interfering with the white background I want to preserve? I thought of placing images in the header and footer, then using position, z-index to place them exactly where I want them, but don't have a clear understanding of how I can practically apply this. Here is an image of the look i'm going for:

example.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Im not sure if it will work in WP but the easiest way i can think of is Flexbox. The little work i did with it i can vaguely remember this being really easy to do.

If not you will need to use CSS Positioning attribute Setting something to be relative and the images as absolute.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Im not sure if it will work in WP but the easiest way i can think of is Flexbox. The little work i did with it i can vaguely remember this being really easy to do.

If not you will need to use CSS Positioning attribute Setting something to be relative and the images as absolute.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Thank You Vapr_Arts, I will look in to Flexbox. If I'm not able to make it work using that, would you be kind enough to send me a PM with the Steps/Instructions for CSS position. I get what you're saying but don't know what I would set as relative.

Remove Ads