Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

I'm new to CSS what's the difference with html?

Hello I wanted to play around with template with a Child WP theme and do not know CSS but know some intermediate in HTML. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2? Is it that CSS tags start with a */ and html start with a < ? Anyone can point me to a guide on how to work with CSS? Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by la.scott4c7 View Post
    Hello I wanted to play around with template with a Child WP theme and do not know CSS but know some intermediate in HTML. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2? Is it that CSS tags start with a */ and html start with a < ? Anyone can point me to a guide on how to work with CSS? Thanks

HTML and CSS are complimentary. HTML is your content and CSS is the style for that content and the page it appears on.

Here's a video on the basics- .

You can also check out sites like codecademy, w3schools and do hands on tutorials/projects.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mzdesign View Post
    HTML and CSS are complimentary. HTML is your content and CSS is the style for that content and the page it appears on.

Here's a video on the basics- .

You can also check out sites like codecademy, w3schools and do hands on tutorials/projects.
    Thanks so much. Will review it.

~ LaLa S: TechMomma ~

Banned
    Member #
    oh, I'm also learning about this issue, thank you.

Member #
    Well CSS is for styling (colors, sizes, fonts, positions, margins, padding etc...) whereas HTML is for content and for placing your page's elements that you have styled with CSS.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    CSS - Cascading Style sheets which is used apply the styles, whereas HTML is a hyper text mark up language used to place your content on the webpage,

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    HTML or Hypertext Markup Language is the standard and most basic language in use to create web pages. It has a very simple code structure that makes it extremely easy to pick-up and learn compared to any other language. CSS or Cascading Style Sheets is a style sheet language that can be applied to any XML document. Its purpose is to simplify the styling of certain elements so that the written code would be a lot easier to read.

Member #
    Well I am also a learner of these both languages.. but I really appreciate your thread !

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Use css and html together.

Use html to put elements on a page and use css to tell the elements what to look like.

Using a style sheet means there's less for the viewer to load between pages on your website and it will make your design more consistent.

Member #
    CSS helps you to give the desired look to the page and HTML will allow you to display the elements and content of the page.

Remove Ads