Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Ok... I need help with my low intelligence.

Member #

Ok... I need help with my low intelligence.

Right obviously im new here so Hello...

Ill set the scene for anyone who likes reading (and bad puncuation).

If you dont like reading then scroll down to the hash...

Well 4 months ago i decided to setup my own record label called DetachedAudio. I am essentially a producer and just felt this would be a great way to help others and get my own music heard, instead of sending songs to other labels. Good Idea? mabye... mabye not. Its been reasonably successful and i have some good ideas and people signed to the label. Were branching out a little and trying to hit the indie game devs with our music aswell as having the record label side.

Anyway i bought the detachedaudio.com domain and let the guys at 123 reg make the site. They done a great job but unfortunatly i cant use this type of service as i have to be able to update the website within a few days their turnaround was 5 and they were not getting it right. So i decided to learn this on my own in the most basic way i can using Filezilla a Template and Notepad++... Big mistake as i have so much production work to do that im left trying to build a website with no real knowledge of what im doing. I have even been thinking of getting deeper and using wordpress but this will set me back even further.

My main issues are html players working on all platforms what is that all about? i must be doing it wrong completly, ive tried using all free ones with no joy but mabye its just my idiocy. the java element escapes me i think thats where i fail hard. So do these players work as they say they do? ie audio.js for example? thats the big problem here.

Further to that however im also unsure how to proceed should i forget about the templates and the whole filezilla thing and learn wordpress im told it will take longer but better results, or should i just get something functional tbh functionality is all i need right now so im thinking the easy way at least for the time being.

#So essentially i need advice on html players and how to get them working on all platforms and mabye some advice on getting a functional site as soon as possible using filezilla and templates. Any suggestions welcome.

Also some monetary exchange may be discussed for a code that i can use? hmmm??
    Last edited by DetachedAudio; May 05th, 2015 at 10:39 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    First off Filezilla and templates are in my opinion better than Wordpress. Yes for some WP is a smart idea but for most people it is used incorrectly.

If you share your site with us we can take a look at the code and see where the problems are. At this point there is no way to pin point whats wrong. It could be anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DetachedAudio likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    First off Filezilla and templates are in my opinion better than Wordpress. Yes for some WP is a smart idea but for most people it is used incorrectly.

If you share your site with us we can take a look at the code and see where the problems are. At this point there is no way to pin point whats wrong. It could be anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for reply...

Opps sorry i completely forgot about the website, www.detachedaudio.com

I started fresh last night working with a different template atm i have two buttons, this is what id like to keep it as with simple sub cats under said buttons. I will pick a better font [for buttons] as i feel that these may be unreadable? Ill put some music up just now on front page for an example.

Remove Ads