Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe

Thread: How to Protect Website from Copy.

Member #

Question How to Protect Website from Copy.

Hi I want to call CSS from js how is this possible. Is there any code that I can call my all CSS from js file.

Actually this is my one of client requirement he want to protect his site so that no body can copy his website. he is little aware about website designing.

So he is making little trouble for me.

please tell me is there any code to protect website from copy.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Tell your client that its not a good idea to do that. Javascript is not always enabled on peoples browsers and this will cause some users not to see any of the css.

Plus i really don't think the html/css is going to be that big of an issue. I could easily take a screenshot n replicate it in no time at all without seeing the code. Very little css is going to be "ground breaking" enough to want to protect it. Server side scripts are more likely what he would want to protect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eyeshiv likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    It isn't possible.

You could, let's say, ajax in the CSS, which would cause the site to load without CSS until the script fires to bring it in. But what, then would stop someone from figuring that out and just downloading the CSS by looking at the script?

You could stop people, with a one-line scirpt, from right clicking and viewing the page source. Easy enough to get around. Just press F12 in most browsers. That, or just disable JavaScript.

In fact, there's nothing you could do that someone couldn't get around using built-in dev tools.

The web is an open technology made of primarily open source software. It's designed to be easy for anyone to figure out how to do. There is no way to remove the ability to do that.

There is one way, however to make it frustrating enough that it might deter someone: minify all the code. Even then, as Vapr said, A screenshot and a few hours is all it would take to duplicate most sites to pixel perfection.
    eyeshiv likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads