Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    3236
    Hoping that there is a simple solution to this. Recently I was required to move my homepage or website. Due to the fact that Comcast under went some server changes. So they informed all subscribers of their service, that we would need to move our websites to another address.
    I'm not a web designer by no means and started out using Yahoo/Geocities.
    When I first transferred my website form Geocities to Comcast's. All of my web pages basically remained intact and still appeared the same. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cadillac43/main.html... correction now since I went back this morning. Now the same thing is happening to the old site as well.
    How ever since doing this last transfer to the new address that Comcast provided me with. http://home.comcast.net/~cadillac43/index.html
    Something has went very wrong. Not all but almost all of my pages are all screwed up. They are all accessible, but when they display. All of the graphics & text are stacked on top of each other.
    Comcast has a FTP program that allows users to upload or transfer our websites.
    I also use Frontpage and or Dreamweaver 4 at times when Comcast's servers are to busy to connect to.
    If someone will please visit my site and take a look at the source. Maybe you can see something I dont. I havent moved all of my old site to the new address yet. As until I can get this figured I dont see the need to wasting the time.
    Has anyone else who uses Comcast as a webspace provider had this happen to them????
    Any ideas out there??????? :cry:
    I almost forgot to tell what browser I'm using. I use I.E.5.5 & Win 98. Thank you.

  2.  

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    47
    Member #
    3135
    i'm not on my computer so i dont have any programs to work with as of now, but on the homepage i see that there is no html bracket " <HTML> to start the code, thats something that could cause problems. I dont really want to waste my time searching through the code without a program [or at all for that matter] so may i sugguest you open the pages in dreamweaver then find where something doesnt make sense, then view the code for it to x2 check, if something is off then change it. There isnt really much i can say except that if it doesnt work, just remake the pages. It should only take an hour or so, there's not that much.

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    3192
    Yes the problem is that this is the top of your main.html page:

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cadillac43/">
    </head>
    <BODY>

    When it SHOULD be

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cadillac43/">
    <html><head><title>Page Name Here</title>
    </head>
    <BODY>

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    3236
    Thanks Zach & Noen for replys. I think I got it figured out now. It looks like all the bugs are out now.


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:53 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com