Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By timbo89

Thread: How to add a simple admin panel in HTML template

Member #

How to add a simple admin panel in HTML template

Hi all,

I am a web designer and i want to add a simple admin panel to a HTML blog template. I can update the blog with coding but my friend who needs this blog does not know coding.
    So, My question is "Is there any method that he can update his blog without knowing coding"

I do not want to switch to wordpress or any other CMS system because my friend loved that HTML design and he does not want to compromise with that.

What he wants to manage in a blog is to upload pics and images of his tour, travels and post new articles.

I really need an urgent help to how to manage a html blog. It will be a great help.

Thanks,
    Chaitanya

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    so you want a CMS but you don't want a CMS.

the only option that leaves you with is get your friend to learn basic html.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaitanya View Post
    Hi all,

I am a web designer and i want to add a simple admin panel to a HTML blog template. I can update the blog with coding but my friend who needs this blog does not know coding.
    So, My question is "Is there any method that he can update his blog without knowing coding"

I do not want to switch to wordpress or any other CMS system because my friend loved that HTML design and he does not want to compromise with that.

What he wants to manage in a blog is to upload pics and images of his tour, travels and post new articles.

I really need an urgent help to how to manage a html blog. It will be a great help.

Thanks,
    Chaitanya
    Timbo pretty much hit the mark. A CMS is a Content Management System. Which is exactly what your friend wants. A system to manage his websites content. This should have been discussed before you built the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Sounds like you're looking for a wordpress theme, assuming that you mean the visual design and not the underlying code
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Noteleklabs View Post
    Sounds like you're looking for a wordpress theme, assuming that you mean the visual design and not the underlying code
    Really it sounds like a Wordpress solution? Did you pay any attention to what it is the OP actually wants.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    He described a wordpress solution, he liked the design of the website, and doesn't wanna change it, maybe op isn't aware that he could make a wp theme and accomplish what he wants to get a backend without changing the frontend
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

How to add a simple admin panel in HTML template

He described a wordpress solution, he liked the design of the website, and doesn't wanna change it, maybe op isn't aware that he could make a wp theme and accomplish what he wants to get a backend without changing the frontend
    All he has mentioned liking was how the site looks. A design issue that has very little to nothing to do with wordpress. Sorry if im being rude i just dont see it.

Edit: My apologies the app i was using had all of the titles the same and i never noticed. I am completely wrong. I thought this was in response to a different question and just not went back and seen my mistake.

Last edited by Vapr_Arts; Jul 03rd, 2015 at 10:19 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times

Noteleklabs is right. Generally speaking he could convert the HTML site into a WordPress theme pretty easily. He wouldn't even need to code in many of the options and features of WordPress themes into this one, as I get the feeling all his friend needs is the ability to add and edit posts.

Copy / paste one of your blogs pages into single.php

replace the title of the post with <?php the_title();?> and the content with <?php the_content();?> and half the battle is done.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonic View Post
    Noteleklabs is right. Generally speaking he could convert the HTML site into a WordPress theme pretty easily. He wouldn't even need to code in many of the options and features of WordPress themes into this one, as I get the feeling all his friend needs is the ability to add and edit posts.

Copy / paste one of your blogs pages into single.php

replace the title of the post with <?php the_title();?> and the content with <?php the_content();?> and half the battle is done.
    You are absolutely right. I made a mistake. I read the wrong title and never read on to make sure what i was responding to.

Remove Ads