Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Want to learn web designing.

Member #

Want to learn web designing.

I need suggestions from where to start.
    Any suggestions on books, referenses, links of PDFs to learn will be appreciated

Sent from my Q1100 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by freakgod999 View Post
    I need suggestions from where to start.
    Any suggestions on books, referenses, links of PDFs to learn will be appreciated

Google is your friend and the great thing about Google is it does have the links you are looking for. Ill help you out by explaining what you should learn but ill start by telling you books have content that can end up outdated before the work gets published. The internet and its technology are advancing rapidly, too fast for a writer/publisher to stay on top of it all.

Start by learning Html and CSS. Both of these appear on 100% of sites. Html is the structure for the site or the building blocks so to speak. Css is its best friend that makes everything pretty and colorful. Cool thing is css is advancing to be able to do more things like animations and such.

Then you want to learn Javascript (java and javascript are not the same so don't make that mistake). jQuery is a Javascript library that is widely used and some people prefer to start there. I started by learning a little javascript to get the idea of how jQuery worked and then began to learn both as i went along. This adds user interaction to your site. It tells the browser "when this happens do this" in the most basic explanation i can give.

After that look into a back-end language and databases. I chose to learn php and Mysqli. The reason i chose php is because of the type of server my site is hosted on. If i would have been on a Windows server i would have to have learned something else.

I started learning 3 ways. Starting with Codecademy.com i learned the basics. While using their site id also go on the internet and find sites i liked. Then using the developer tools in my browser Id view their code and try and understand how they did what they did. The 3rd learning technique is in my opinion the most progressive and luckily the most fun. Id stop "looking" and start "doing". I built fake dummy sites that were never going live. This is in my opinion the most important step because you learn the issues that arise while building sites and how to trouble shoot them.

That should get you started. Now go google html/css or codecademy and start learning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    freakgod999 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Google is your friend and the great thing about Google is it does have the links you are looking for. Ill help you out by explaining what you should learn but ill start by telling you books have content that can end up outdated before the work gets published. The internet and its technology are advancing rapidly, too fast for a writer/publisher to stay on top of it all.

Start by learning Html and CSS. Both of these appear on 100% of sites. Html is the structure for the site or the building blocks so to speak. Css is its best friend that makes everything pretty and colorful. Cool thing is css is advancing to be able to do more things like animations and such.

Then you want to learn Javascript (java and javascript are not the same so don't make that mistake). jQuery is a Javascript library that is widely used and some people prefer to start there. I started by learning a little javascript to get the idea of how jQuery worked and then began to learn both as i went along. This adds user interaction to your site. It tells the browser "when this happens do this" in the most basic explanation i can give.

After that look into a back-end language and databases. I chose to learn php and Mysqli. The reason i chose php is because of the type of server my site is hosted on. If i would have been on a Windows server i would have to have learned something else.

I started learning 3 ways. Starting with Codecademy.com i learned the basics. While using their site id also go on the internet and find sites i liked. Then using the developer tools in my browser Id view their code and try and understand how they did what they did. The 3rd learning technique is in my opinion the most progressive and luckily the most fun. Id stop "looking" and start "doing". I built fake dummy sites that were never going live. This is in my opinion the most important step because you learn the issues that arise while building sites and how to trouble shoot them.

That should get you started. Now go google html/css or codecademy and start learning!

Thanks alooot for your help

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by freakgod999 View Post
    Thanks alooot for your help

No problem man its asked so much i have a copy/paste i just use. Probably would be a good sticky except most new users seem to ignore stickies a lot of the time.

Remove Ads